Quantal Doumentation Freeze

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Tue May 22 22:08:33 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 09:33 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> On 21 May 2012 21:15, Kate Stewart <kate.stewart at canonical.com> wrote:
<snip>
> >   Anyone see any issues with making the DocumentationStringFreeze be
> > Sept. 20th?   Other factors that need to be considered?
>
> It's not ideal to have only three weeks after UserInferfaceFreeze
> (which is the real date on which documentation writing and checking
> can be done reliably) until DocumentationStringFreeze, particularly
> since UserInterfaceFreeze is not usually respected 100%. It also seems
> a little tight to leave just a week between FeatureFreeze and
> UserInterfaceFreeze.
>
> I appreciate the need to allow sufficient time for translating. If
> there is anything that can be done to move the FeatureFreeze and
> UserInterfaceFreeze earlier in the process, that would be appreciated.

Feature Freeze is at 17 weeks, which is where its been for the past
couple of cycles, and most of the teams have made up their work plans to
it already, so not much chance to shift earlier.   We will be trying to
get the workitems and blueprints tracking a bit better this time around,
so that you can figure out when features are done before FeatureFreeze,
and start working on those a bit earlier, at least.

Kate