Quantal Doumentation Freeze

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Wed May 23 05:00:57 UTC 2012

On 21 May 2012 16:15, Kate Stewart <kate.stewart at canonical.com> wrote:

> Greetings Docs-Team,
>   We have been working through the input from UDS-Q, and feedback from
> translation team, and trying to figure out the best point for the
> DocumentationStringFreeze [1] for the Quantal cycle.
>
>   Based on the input so far,  Sept. 20 looks like the best fit
> for the Documentation String freeze,  this puts it 1 month after
> FeatureFreeze, and will still give the translation team some time to
> get the translations ready by Oct 9th. [2]
>
>   Anyone see any issues with making the DocumentationStringFreeze be
> Sept. 20th?   Other factors that need to be considered?

One part that is quite unclear with the Quantal schedule is when
exactly the freezes are. Is every freeze Thursday at 9 pm UTC? My
preference is for 2 weeks before the LanguageTranslationDeadline, but
when is that?

Like Matthew, I'm uncomfortable with the docs being frozen a whole
month before release date.

Thanks,
Jeremy