Software on help.ubuntu.com

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat May 12 08:04:39 UTC 2012

On 10 May 2012 17:15, Benjamin Kerensa <bkerensa at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Prior to UDS I was asked to help provide some leadership surrounding the
> testing and potential implementation
> of SUMO since not much work on the idea got done last cycle.

I look forward to that. Please remember that an important part (some
might say the only relevant part) of leadership involves engaging the
group of people affected by your task. Not even telling them about the
UDS discussion before it happened is quite a big failure of
communication.

There are quite a few challenges that haven't yet been considered
properly (e.g. how to manage the static part of help.ubuntu.com, how
local teams who are currently maintaining their own documentation
sites will be affected by the introduction of potentially duplicative
localisation efforts, and so on) and I'd like to see proper open
discussion of the pros and cons of this software before a decision is
made as to implementation.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org