Including back Zentyal (eBox) on Ubuntu server guide

Jorge Salamero Sanz bencer at cauterized.net
Thu Mar 15 16:03:54 UTC 2012

Hi all,

from the Zentyal project we have been pushing a lot the integration with
Ubuntu for the next LTS release.

Finally we got the Feature Freeze exception and Zentyal packages will be
available on Precise (a rename of existing ebox packages):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ebox/+bug/928501

On Lucid Server Guide we had a chapter on eBox:
https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/serverguide/C/ebox.html

This chapter was not maintained by its original contributors and was
removed from the server guide in later releases.

Now we would like to introduce this chapter back, with some information
specific to installation from packages in Universe, something like:

* Zentyal introduction
* Modules and features
* Installation and first steps
* Upgrading to PPA latest versions

We would link to official documentation http://doc.zentyal.org/en/ but
still we want to be present on Ubuntu Server Guide with some Ubuntu
specific documentation.

What do you think about this? We plan to have a ready to merge bzr
branch within the next 2-3 days.

Regards,