Localizing Ubuntu Documentation images

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 19 14:59:56 UTC 2012

Al 19/01/12 15:44, En/na Hendrik Knackstedt ha escrit:
> Am 19.01.2012 13:43, schrieb David Planella:
>>

>> Excellent. Just to see if the idea works, I've added you guys to the
>> share, so that you can modify it. You should have received an e-mail
>> and your Ubuntu One folder should contain the share once sync'ed.
>>
> I've uploaded 3 localized images to your folder in /de/figures.

Excellent, thanks! So it seems to work, as I can see your images in
there already.

Remember that for now this is just a proof of concept. We need to hear
if this approach will work for the docs team.

> If this works, will it be possible to do something similar for the
> ubiquity slideshow screenshots or is there already another way to
> translate those?

The approach itself would work, but I'm not sure if ubiquity slideshow
itself is set up for image localization.

I assume it wouldn't be too complicated to set up, but I haven't had a
look at the code. Would anyone be up for looking at it?

Cheers,
David.

--
David Planella