Localizing Ubuntu Documentation images

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:10:01 UTC 2012

On Jan 19, 2012 7:00 AM, "David Planella" <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Al 19/01/12 15:44, En/na Hendrik Knackstedt ha escrit:
>> If this works, will it be possible to do something similar for the
>> ubiquity slideshow screenshots or is there already another way to
>> translate those?
>>

> The approach itself would work, but I'm not sure if ubiquity slideshow
itself is set up for image localization.

> I assume it wouldn't be too complicated to set up, but I haven't had a
look at the code. Would anyone be up for looking at it?

> Cheers,
> David.

Yep, it wouldn't be trouble, and it would be absolutely lovely. However, I
need to be really careful about adding stuff to the ISO, and localized
images could get really big really quickly. It would be a shame to get a
bunch of localization done and then need to pick and choose due to space
limitations.

So, as well as localized images, the slideshow needs to get those images
from somewhere on the Internet. I could possibly get away with using my
people.ubuntu.com, but I think the ideal would be a collection of files
near ubuntu.com itself. At any rate, the web people (or the people with the
keys) will need to be involved somewhere.

I'll be on irc this weekend (and Friday) so maybe we can chat about it
then. I'm a smidge fuzzy on the details, but that can be fixed :)

Dylan

PS: Sorry about the duplicate message, David!