Schedule for Precise language pack updates?

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Fri Apr 20 03:03:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 22:36 -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> Now that the final language pack for the Ubuntu 12.04 release images
> has been built, it's time to start thinking about how future language
> pack updates will work.
>
> There's a whole list of ubuntu-docs bugs from the past few weeks
> (found by the Ubuntu translators - thank you!). I'd like to move
> ubuntu-docs back into soft freeze so that we can fix these. David, did
> you want to propose a schedule for when ubuntu-docs should go back
> into hard freeze and when the first post-release language pack will be
> built?
>
> And I think the final language pack schedule should be either added to
> or at least linked to from
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PrecisePangolin/ReleaseSchedule

Yes.  Let's tie this into the 12.04.1 plans and dates on the
ReleaseSchedule,  so we can aim at getting the documentation polished up
and translated before we put out the 12.04.1 release.

Jeremy,  if you could put a first pass of the dates for the 12.04.1
Docs-freeze,  and allow an double size window for the translator
deadline, that would be appreciated.   We'll plan on scrubing it and
finalizing it at a UDS session on 10.04.1 planning.

Kate