Translation status for ubuntu-docs

Hannie Dumoleyn lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Tue Apr 3 10:59:49 UTC 2012

> As I said, I'm not particularly in favour of disabling them, but I'd
> like to hear what other translators have got to say on this, and if
> they've got any further ideas.
>
> Thanks again for the honest feedback and for raising this issue.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Here is a reaction from a frustrated translator ):
It is a hell of a job to get previous translations back, but since
fuzzies are not supported in Launchpad the only way to get them back is
by copying and pasting. I use a merged file, which I open in Lokalize
(more than 600 fuzzies!). While working online in LP on the Precise
version, I look in Lokalize to see if there is a fuzzy and when that is
the case I copy and paste the fuzzy to LP and make the changes. Often
they are minor, such as: top panel becomes menu bar, '.' becomes
<key>.<key/>, item becomes file, and so on.
The amount of *extra* work cannot be expressed in hours, but in weeks
I'm afraid.
Hannie