Fault on webpage Ubuntu

nico nvdzouw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 11:00:03 UTC 2011

Dear Ubuntu member,

I have a iMac and try desparately to install Ubuntu. And i found a page on
de mactelsupport page to do so:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MactelSupportTeam/AppleIntelInstallation#Mac_OSX.2C_XP.2C_and_Ubuntu

In the list it is strongly advised not to use bootcamp to install windows,
so i did. Windowsetup started and when i choosed the only partition possible
it said it was not possible to do so, except when i reset the partition. So
i did. Windows installer went on and after a while windows was restarting.
As described in point 6 i pressed option while restarting. And to my big
surprise OSX was gone. After inserting OSX-install disc there was only one
disc, unknown. Windows setup had messed around my OSX, how? Lucky OSX had
timemachine... after 2 hours i had OSX back running as before.

I thought i had partintioned the part Windows as FAT but am not sure.

Anyway, in the tekst of installing Ubuntu aside with windows and OSX should
be mentioned in point 3 to take care at this point and in pouint 5 mention:
"do not format anything in windows, use only to use it. If this option is
not possible use maybe Linux livecd.

thanks for the article anyway, i will continue to install ubuntu but with
bootcamp. Are you interested in followup?

Thanks for all the work,

nico