Merge requests for serverguide

Connor Imes rocket2dmn at
Sat Oct 8 13:59:38 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 03:15 PM, Matthew East wrote:
> On 7 October 2011 19:20, Ahmed Kamal <kim0 at> wrote:
>> Hi Doc gatekeepers,
>> The serverguide has 3 merge proposals waiting in
>> They have been reviewed and approved. May I please ask that someone with
>> write access merges them
> It's way past documentation string freeze now. It may be that
> translations of the server guide have taken a back seat this cycle,
> but if there are going to be very serious breaks of this freeze, there
> should at least be a discussion about it and a justification of why
> the changes are required at this stage in the cycle, with a view to
> evaluating impact on translators.
This is why I have not merged the remaining requests, although I don't
think much is happening for serverguide translations.

If you raise this with the translations team as Matthew pointed out (CC
the doc-list) and get their approval, I'll be happy to complete the
merges.  If you are still planning on doing more work for the Oneiric
serverguide, the translation team may grant you a set period of time to
complete work so that we can do more merges without having to bring up
each of them with the translators.  Another week or so may be an
acceptable length of time, but then our focus should shift to Precise

We appreciate you stepping up to help maintain the serverguide.  In the
future we need to more closely abide by the release's scheduled freeze
dates, esp. since Precise is going to be a LTS release.


More information about the ubuntu-doc mailing list