Re-energizing Our Documentation and Support Experience

Bodhi Zazen bodhi.zazen at montanalinux.org
Wed Jun 22 15:39:45 UTC 2011

I answered on your blog as well, I think the wiki needs a lot of love and attention.

My vision is to see an Ubuntu wiki equal to or better then the Fedora or Arch wiki.

The Ubuntu wiki is in dire need of peer review, organization, and updated information.

I am willing to offer suggestions for the Ubuntu wiki if you are interested.

I also would like to see collaboration between the wiki team and the beginners team.

Specifically, the beginners team is wanting to help people move from ubuntu users to ubuntu contributes.

As you know I am primarily focused on the Forums , and my interest is to recruit people from the forums -> BT -> wiki (and other teams).

The BT would appreciate collaboration with the wiki team so that the BT can develop a core set of skills to develop in people as they transition tot he wiki team.

In addition I would ask for at least one person from the wiki team to become active on the BT. Specifically we need active, ongoing input from the wiki team to develop a strategy for the BT to recruit and train people to become more involved with the wiki. Once the program is established perhaps it would require less direct involvement with from the wiki team.