Documentation help

Kent Drugge kedrugge at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 00:51:51 UTC 2011

To all,

My name is Kent, I work at a school district.  We've been looking to save costs like many schools these days.  Microsoft has always  been a pain in the rear.  I have a history of Unix in the past and we've thought of moving to Linux / Ubuntu as some other schools have done it.  My issue comes from reading the documentation about Ubuntu. It seems no matter what topic I try to learn about as a new user, it is very difficult because its written by people who know everything about Linux/Ubuntu. Page after page is filled with acronyms of services and apps who knows what.  Maybe I'm under the wrong impression. Maybe you don't want people who know nothing about Ubuntu, to become users.  Tonight I'm trying to read a server installation guide and its not for beginners.  When you go to Ubuntu.com there is no "Beginners start here"  If anyone ever intends to have the Linux world become a leader in Operating Systems, they're going to have to get out of Program mode
 instructing and into 8th grade teaching level for the rest of the world to become users.  I think Linux is great, it seems like Ubuntu might be great, but, right now, instruction is only geared toward the very well educated programmer.