Docs team blog

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:27:59 UTC 2011

Hi Matthew,

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:45 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 3 June 2011 16:56, Jim Campbell <jwcampbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've chatted with a few of you on IRC about creating a docs-team blog. I
> > think it would be a great way to share what we are doing, and possibly
> > draw-in new contributors.
>
> I agree that this is a good idea. It will take some effort to maintain
> it, but we need to put in more effort to
>
> > Matthew has said that he has hosting space available, and can easily set
> up
> > a wordpress instance. Would this be cool with people? Ideally we would
> set
> > it to use an appropriate theme for Ubuntu, but it doesn't have to start
> out
> > that way.
>
> I'm still happy to provide hosting for this, but it occurs to me that
> we should probably try to put the blog on the doc.ubuntu.com server.
> Otherwise we will end up creating rather too many websites, I would
> think.
>
> I will have a look with the sysadmins whether this is viable.

Thanks. I had completely forgotten about that site - it looks like a good
number of others had forgotten, too.

If I can help checking / following-up with the sysadmins, let me know.

As for the site itself, it looks like it was used to produce daily builds of
the docs, but maybe we should just look to do daily PPA builds of Ubuntu
docs that users can test locally?

Jim