Deleting wiki pages

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 12:05:01 UTC 2011

Hi Connor,

On Thu, 2011-07-14 at 19:40 -0400, Connor Imes wrote:
> There are quite a few pages tagged for deletion that may not yet be
> ready to be deleted.  A bunch of pages that translated versions of other
> pages - what's our policy on this? Up until now we've let them stay, but
> we need to decide and act on them consistently.  Still others are linked
> from other places on the wiki and need to be isolated first (see [1]).
>
> [1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide/DeletingAndRenaming

Thanks, I'm planning to go through the pages and check for links before
deleting them, as per the deleting policy. I'll start the link removal
process at the beginning of the list, so if anyone would like to help
out by working from the end of the list, that would be great. (To do
this, go to a page from [2] and click on the page's title. You'll be
taken to a list of pages which link to that page. Remove the links to
the page so it's ready to be deleted.)

As far as I'm aware, our policy is still that translated documentation
should be kept on the local teams' websites. I'll delete the translated
docs from the wiki anyway, but maybe it would be a good idea to forward
the backed-up text to the appropriate local team's mailing list too?

Thanks,

Phil

[2] - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Tag/Deletion/List