Status of the Ubuntu Docs in Natty+Oneiric

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 13 10:46:53 UTC 2011

On 13 July 2011 10:40, David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On "Export translations to branch" on the right:
>      * Choose a branch where to automatically commit the translations.
>      * I'd recommend the main branch of the series for a more automated
>        workflow, but you can also choose a separate branch for
>        translations and manually merge it from time to time.

I tried the first approach briefly but it resulted in absolutely
enormous diffs on a daily basis to the branch, which will cause a huge
revision history and massively increase the download for people to get
the branch revision history.

We might try using a separate branch for translations and manually
merging, but it probably does not add too much to downloading and
adding the translations manually.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org