Guest session / guest account

Gunnar Hjalmarsson ubuntu at gunnar.cc
Wed Apr 27 07:24:14 UTC 2011

Even if I have made gdm-guest-session one of my pet packages, I'm not
sure I like these changes:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/gnome-user-docs/natty/revision/1465.1.10

A user account designated for guests and the guest session feature are
not quite the same thing. The guest session feature is convenient and
secure, but does have limitations. For instance it does not allow guests
to log in from the login screen, but can only be launched from a regular
user session.

I see no reason to not show the page about creating a guest account.
Previously that page was interlinked with the guest session page, which
IMO was a nice way to explain both approaches and let the users choose.

Thought I'd bring up the matter here rather than just propose a reverse
of the changes without comments.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson