Gnome docs update before Beta 2?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 12 11:25:19 UTC 2011

On 12 April 2011 10:41, David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> El dt 12 de 04 de 2011 a les 07:33 +0000, en/na Matthew East va
> escriure:
>> Another issue is what to do with ubuntu-docs. At present it is pretty
>> useless on the CD as it isn't shown by yelp. However at the same time
>> it is used by at least two applications that I can think of for help
>> (jockey and usb-creator). If we are to drop ubuntu-docs we need to
>> either include that help in the applications themselves, include the
>> help in gnome-user-docs and update the applications accordingly, ship
>> a slimmed down version of ubuntu-docs with just those documents, or
>> leave it as it is.
>
> I'd be up for moving the application-specific documentation to the
> applications themselves and leave out ubuntu-docs. This means though,
> adding support to the application packages (jockey and usb-creator) for
> building the translations.

Yes, I think that is the "proper" solution. I suppose that in terms of
support the gnome build environment could be reused, but I'm not
familiar enough with it nor will I have enough spare time over the
next few days to work on this. If we can't get this done, I think the
solution is to ship a slimmed down version of ubuntu-docs with just
those documents.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org