Where do ubuntu-docs translations go?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 1 12:41:58 UTC 2010

Hi Tom,

On 1 September 2010 13:13, Tom Davies <tomdavies04 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I don't know how feasable this is but I would really like to see a simple
> one line on all Ubuntu main pages saying something like
> "Please click here to see Ubuntu in this language"
> translated into every language we know has an equivalent site and clicking
> anywhere on that line links to the appropriate site.

Yes, my understanding is that this is exactly the idea of
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Website/WebsiteLocalization. I do think it is
a good idea.

> At the moment it seems you have to be one of the people that already knows
> where to find Ubuntu in a particular language

Well, currently I think that non-English users would rely on Google
for providing directions to material on Ubuntu in the user's language.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org