State of edubuntu-docs translations

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 12 18:26:34 UTC 2010

El dl 01 de 03 de 2010 a les 09:09 +0100, en/na David Planella va
escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> While managing the translation templates in the Ubuntu source packages,
> we've noted that the edubuntu-docs ones are still there, although
> edubuntu-docs are in universe.
>
> I'd like to ask what the state of edubuntu-docs translations is,
> particularly if they are currently maintained (i.e. templates imported
> regularly and translations exported and integrated into the package), as
> I see that now only about-edubuntu.xml seems to be shipped.
>
> If translations are not maintained, I'd recommend exporting them from
> the Ubuntu source package space, disabling the templates, and moving
> them to and exposing them in a separate project in Launchpad until they
> are maintained.
>
> Otherwise Ubuntu translators see them in the Ubuntu template space and
> translate them without knowing that they might not be used.
>
> This is the current list of templates:
>
> edubuntu-docs-about-edubuntu
> edubuntu-docs-edubuntu-about -> Which of the two is the proper one?
> edubuntu-docs-handbook
> edubuntu-docs-schooladvocacy
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+source/edubuntu-docs
>
> Could someone perhaps give us an update?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Remember you can contact the translations team [1] if you need any help.
>
> Regards,
> David.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Contact/

I understand that after having no response, the Edubuntu Docs
translations are not maintained for now, so I've disabled the templates
to avoid translators to work on obsolete translations.

It's important to notice that neither the translations nor the templates
will be deleted, they will simply not be exposed and can be enabled at
any time.

If you have any questions or you need any help, you can contact the
translations team:

--
David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator