Accessing wiki content from another web app

Ahmed Kamal ahmed.kamal at canonical.com
Fri Jul 30 08:29:08 UTC 2010

Hello,

I have been asked to work on building a consolidated web portal for
everything that relates to Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud. Part of what I want
to do is to gather the large number of available documentation pages
from the wiki, and present them in a consolidated book-like manner on
that portal. I think it's a good idea to keep the content on the wiki,
where it's easy to edit for everyone, while dynamically pulling content
from the wiki to construct that consolidated reading material in an eye
pleasing manner. The web application will most likely be a Django app.
The way I am imagining how to pull this off, is to have the Django app
connect to the wiki using its API (xmlrpc or similar) and pull the
contents of its pages, which then renders them in a way that blends with
the look and feel of the portal.

Since you are more experienced with documentation related issues, I
would like to ask if the approach I am taking seems correct. Any
feedback, pointers (or sample code) is more than welcome.

Kind Regards