New to Ubuntu Documentation Team/s

Anthony Dendle anthony at dendle.com.au
Tue Jan 19 04:31:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,

My name is Anthony and I am new (newb) to the Ubuntu Documentation Team.  A super quick background for me is as follows:

(a)  Using Linux/Unix since my undergrad days in '93.
(b) Have a Bachelor of IT (Griffith University Australia).
(c) Have been a coder for about 8 years (Web Application Development)
(d) Moved onto Project Management/Business Analysis for about 6 years.
(e) Currently taking time off to run my own small IT firm and spend more time with family.

Question: Why join now?
Answer: I have always wanted to contribute to the Ubuntu (linux) community but did not have the time.  However I currently find myself with time on my hands and as such I am happy to put my hand up to help the team out.

I have to admit that I have no idea about how to start or what to start on.  Can some of you kind folk please pint me in the right direction :)

Many Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony Dendle (MAIPM, MIIBA)
(Member of Linux Australia)