What are we doing wrong?

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:48:27 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I've been reading the comments in news articles [1][2] about the Ubuntu
Manual. No-one knows that the system docs exist. Seriously, read them.
They think that the wiki is the closest thing we have to official docs.

What are we doing wrong? My hunches are:

      * People don't think to look in the System menu, or they don't
        think that clicking the "Help and Support" button will actually
        be helpful.
      * People just use Google anyway, because it's faster and they're
        more familiar with it.
      * We aren't promoting ourselves enough.

What do people think?

Thanks,