request for review of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS release announcement

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Apr 29 16:15:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 11:38:14AM +0100, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The draft for the Ubuntu 10.04 LTS release announcement is available here:
>
>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseAnnouncement
>
> Please review and advise me of any corrections that should be made.

Just a few comments and suggestions:

The first sentence is pretty awkward.  Could we break it into two, e.g.
"release of Ubuntu" and then explain what's included in the release in a
separate sentence or even a list?

The first sentence mentions desktop, server, and server-for-cloud-and-EC2,
then there's a list of press releases which includes desktop and server, and
then Netbook Edition is only mentioned in passing in the support section.
Maybe those could be consolidated?

"10.04.1 LTS" might be better than "first point release of 10.04 LTS"

"Ubuntu Netbook for ARM" should perhaps be "Netbook Edition"?

--
 - mdz