Ubuntu-docs updates for Lucid

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 28 06:53:08 UTC 2010

Hi David,

2010/4/27 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>:
> I remember we discussed that this post-release update would contain the
> Ubuntu Music Store documentation. Are there any other such changes
> planned (i.e. new content) that were discussed in the meeting?
>
> I understand that bug fixes will be applied as well, but in order not to
> break existing translations, I'd like to ask them to be kept at minimum.
> I know this limits the work of documenters, but I'd still like to ask
> you that -or at least remind everyone involved-, as I think this update
> will not get as much attention from translators as a Documentation
> String Freeze prior to release, unless we announce it well.

Obviously there is a balance needed. We haven't discussed the
introduction of any major new content. The bug fixes that we would be
talking about will generally relate to one, or at most a few strings
here and there. At the same time, any bug fix in documentation pretty
much will always involve a string change of some kind, and this is an
LTS release so it's worthwhile establishing a process that allows us
to fix bugs and translations with them. I think it's going to be
necessary to change some strings and that's exactly why we'd like to
give the translators a good period (4 weeks or so) to update the
translations.

We should certainly announce it well. I imagine that this list is the
central point for announcements but am happy if the request for
translation gets announced elsewhere when ready.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org