installation FAQ

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 00:05:55 UTC 2010

Hi Murray,

On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 09:46 +1000, Anthro Pologist wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback Phil.  I'll have another look at it today and
> incorporate your suggestions.
>
> This is actually meant for the installation guide project you're
> leading.  I'm actually a bit confused about where it's going to go as
> I thought I saw 'system docs' mentioned, but an installation guide
> isn't much use once you've installed it, so I assume this should all
> be going on the wiki.  Have I misunderstood the term 'system docs'?

Ah, OK. I'll get around to putting that together properly some day!

When I say it's going in the system docs, all that really means is that
it will be maintained within the same bzr branch as the system docs.
It's easier that way.

The system docs ship on the install CD, so they can be accessed by the
user at the same time that the ubiquity installer is running anyway. (We
can put a help button into the installer for ease of access.)

Thanks,

Phil

--
Phil Bull