Wiki Administrator Application

Unknown 3000 unknown3000 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 21:23:21 UTC 2009

To mdke and fellow members,

Hi there. starcraft.man here. Kinda quiet, or rather I'm more of an IRC person
I suppose. Anyway, I'm putting in an application for admin team on the wiki
where I do most of my work lately for Ubuntu. Been a writer in general for a
long while now dating back to time on forums, I find it an enjoyable release
from my rather complicated day job as a uni student.

Been working since over summer as part of wiki-fg on the beginners team and
I'd say I've gotten quite a good bit done. My main fixation has been backup -
something I'm quite preoccupied with due to past experience - the coverage of
which I found lacking on the wiki. Been fixing it up over time as best I can
and adding quite a large amount of content, the formatting still isn't quite
there, I'm going back over it. As a small side thing, also did work fixing up
assorted ISO pages. All of these major changes have been tracked on my
homepage, see end of message.

Apart from my main contributions, did some work cleaning up tags for Rocket
towards latter part of summer if I recall right so well acquainted with de-
linking policy prior to admin changes. As well as some other odd edits to
smaller and less important pages. I didn't bother tracking all of these, my
homepage would surely become too large.

As to future, not sure what I'll do. Have been thinking of getting into
system-docs something I'm still largely ignorant of. Still working on fixing up
backup in meantime. I'm sure there's no shortage of administration tasks that
need help with as well. That's about it. If you've any questions, I'll try and
be a bit more active on mail list during discussion (and after, here's hoping)
and reply to any directed towards me. I'm also of course on IRC as
starcraft.man or one of my numerous aliases.

Thanks for your time,
Jeremy Pallats/starcraft.man

Homepage:
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/starcraft.man