newtoubuntu docs

kelvin at mbmn.net kelvin at mbmn.net
Thu May 7 09:11:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedback.

I agree that we must be careful not to duplicate other work. My
understanding is that the new Install guide will focus on getting Ubuntu
installed and trouble shooting common problems. I don't see the New to
Ubuntu docs covering this.

Where other documentation exists such as the gnome docs or other system doc
pages, I think the guide should link to them and the pages amended if
needed. Unless there is a strong case to integrate the page into the New to
Ubuntu docs.

I don't have a strong opinion on including or linking to the "Switching
from ..." guides. But, again I understand care is needed not to duplicate
work.

I'll have a look at the launchpad FAQs and see what is not covered that
should be.

Would it be a good idea to create a wiki page to put the current ideas on,
along with who is going to work on what ( as number of people have
expressed interest in working on this).

Dougie: Thanks for offering to mentor me.

Thanks,
Kelvin