Keeping safe documentation - few questions

Artur Szymanski arteek at wp.pl
Fri May 1 07:53:34 UTC 2009

--------Oryginal Message---------:
> Hi Artur,
>
> On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Artur Szymanski <arteek at wp.pl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to help to fix the bug reported by me (359256) concerning to
>> keeping-safe document which is little bit outdated in some sections, I
>> started to prepare new description. I would like to remove hubackup
>> description and add short note about Simple Backup tool (sbackup
>> package). I also would mention about rsync.
>> Because I read in previous emails that Doc Team will make some
>> reorganization of documentation, especially installation guide, I would
>> like to ask if keeping safe and others will be also rebuild by you and
>> could I take up this document.
>
> We haven't planned any serious changes which will affect this document
> at the moment - feel free to work on it. Generally, for our desktop
> documentation we prefer to recommend GUI utilities where they exist
> and function well so I think it's appropriate to include something
> about sbackup. I'd tend to avoid rsync for desktop documentation.

Hi Matthew,

In fact I mentioned rsync as an example tool for incremental backup.
I've put information about such backup to <note> and I refer user to
wiki documentation for more information. Please note that Rsync have
also GUI frontend, but if you think that this tool should not appear in
  the doc I will remove it.
Anyway, I think that my finall changes in keeping-safe.xml will be
reviewed by Doc Team.

Thanks for your comments.

BR,
Artur