Keeping safe documentation - few questions

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Fri May 1 08:03:15 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Artur Szymanski <arteek at wp.pl> wrote:
> In fact I mentioned rsync as an example tool for incremental backup.
> I've put information about such backup to <note> and I refer user to
> wiki documentation for more information. Please note that Rsync have
> also GUI frontend, but if you think that this tool should not appear in
>  the doc I will remove it.

Personally I would tend to say that you should mention one tool, so
document sbackup if you feel that is the best one, and then refer the
user to the wiki (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem)
for information about other methods of backup.

There is some good material on that
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem/SimpleBackupSuite
page about sbackup, that you could reuse.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org