request for review of Ubuntu 9.04 beta release announcement

Simon Wardley simon.wardley at canonical.com
Thu Mar 26 12:50:57 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,

Thanks for this, somehow missed this one.

Larry, can you double check this with the other content that is being
written and make sure it is fairly consistent.

Thanks

= Suggestion

Ubuntu 9.04 Server Edition makes it easy to experiment with cloud
computing. Eucalyptus, an open source technology which is included in
Ubuntu as a technology preview, enables you to use your own servers to
deploy, experiment and test your own private cloud that matches the
Amazon EC2 API. You can dynamically create virtual machines, configure
multiple clusters into a single Cloud and even provide an EBS (elastic
block storage) equivalent and an S3 compatible storage manager.

Ubuntu Server Edition will also see Ubuntu available on Amazon EC2 --
making it the most complete cloud environment available today.

==

--
Simon Wardley
Software Services Manager,