String Freeze

Richard A. Johnson nixternal at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 26 01:48:53 UTC 2009

Hey everyone,

As you may already know we are in a string freeze. At the same time we have
been in a Beta freeze which means that without an exception there will be no
uploading. My request for Karmic is to put string freeze at least 1 day prior
to the beta freeze, that way there it is easier for us to upload without any
problems or extra work. To me it makes absolutely no sense having the string
freeze after the beta freeze.

Because of this, Jonathan and I decided that will work until Friday on Kubuntu
Documentation and call our freeze then. This works great for us because we are
pretty much in the same time zone. I know this isn't the right way, but
putting a string freeze in today when I can't do much about getting the
package in is crazy. A documentation package upload to me doesn't meet the
requirements for a FFe upload.

For everyone else, because Jonathan and I made this decision for Kubuntu only,
not every other project is doing the same. Unless otherwise noted everyone is
in a string freeze right now. Thanks!

--
 Name|  Richard JOHNSON
Title|  Developer
Email|  nixternal at ubuntu.com
GnuPG|  9554 2BCC 3AA2 3898 0939  56E7 3EC9 A39D 2E2C 0124