What would be needed for translated help.ubuntu.com?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Mar 11 20:22:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

În data de Lu, 09-03-2009 la 10:37 +0200, Timo Jyrinki a scris:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if someone could provide a list of things needed so
> that we would have a translated help.ubuntu.com, based on the
> ubuntu-docs translations. Has there been lately any work on it, and is
> there someone at Canonical who could do it or at least make some part
> of the work? (or was doc team completely an community effort)
>
> And which people have access to help.ubuntu.com server? I guess if
> translated ubuntu-docs would be offered, the site would need browser
> language recognition similar to what is at start.ubuntu.com (from
> where help.ubuntu.com is linked from).
>
> This is related to my ”Plan on improving web experience for
> non-English users for the 9.04 release” at
> https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2009-March/000579.html
> , where I was reminded that help.ubuntu.com is documentation team's
> area of work.
>
> -Timo
Hi Timo,

I can help you setting a website similar with help.ubuntu.com for your
local community website. Just ping me on IRC :)

This is the result for the Romanian team:
www.ubuntu.ro/documentatie

I there should be a similar page for the Hungarian team.
--
Adi Roiban