What would be needed for translated help.ubuntu.com?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 08:37:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just wondering if someone could provide a list of things needed so
that we would have a translated help.ubuntu.com, based on the
ubuntu-docs translations. Has there been lately any work on it, and is
there someone at Canonical who could do it or at least make some part
of the work? (or was doc team completely an community effort)

And which people have access to help.ubuntu.com server? I guess if
translated ubuntu-docs would be offered, the site would need browser
language recognition similar to what is at start.ubuntu.com (from
where help.ubuntu.com is linked from).

This is related to my ”Plan on improving web experience for
non-English users for the 9.04 release” at
https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2009-March/000579.html
, where I was reminded that help.ubuntu.com is documentation team's
area of work.

-Timo