Standardized wiki markup

Andrew Sayers andrew-bugs.launchpad.net at pileofstuff.org
Fri Jun 26 12:59:01 UTC 2009

Joe Burgess wrote:
>                                                       Also things like
> warning boxes and the like.  Look at the differences between this
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/jmburgess/Backup and this
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BackupYourSystem/TAR . Both work, but
> which one is right?

I wrote up a handful of macros for this ages ago, and they're gradually
working their way through the system.  When the macros go live, you'll
be able to do:

<<Warning(Man does not control his own fate.<BR>>
The women in his life do that for him.)>>

<<Hint(Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you.)>>

<<Note(Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.<<BR>>
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.)>>

These alert boxes will look similar to the SSH section, but the Groucho
Marx quotes won't be required :)

Incidentally, I've also written macros for installing packages.  Here's
an image Matthew East created to demonstrate them:

http://osdir.com/ml/ubuntu-doc/2009-04/pngf7sLxBMYed.png

It's not really possible to replicate these macros manually right now,
but I've tried to create a rough approximation in the following places:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VNC/Clients#List%20of%20clients
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/VNC#Accessing%20your%20PC%20over%20the%20Internet

	- Andrew