more, Ubiquity Slideshow for Ubuntu

mac_v drkvi-a at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 18:29:22 UTC 2009

Dougie Richardson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/6/17 mac_v
>> Why are they checking google? since the documentation is not very
>> hepful. Rather than saying someone else is doing our job well, I think
>> we need to Be better at helping the user rather than google....
>>

> OK I'm going to disengage from this discussion now because I feel no
> need to have several years worth of my time that could have been spent
> with my family described as "not very helpful" and "needs to be done
> better".  I'm open to suggestion and constructive criticism but I've
> no intention to engage in insults.
>
> I wish you all the best in your endeavours but I think its bad taste
> to tell a group its work is not good enough while not proffering any
> constructive criticism as to why.

woh... Dougie, *I did not and do not intend to insult your work* , or
the documentation team's work. nor do i minuscule it.

It is a very well written content, which an a tech enthusast would
totally understand and is very helpful...

I only *felt* that things could have more eye candy, more UI even in the
documentation. Which would draw the attention of the non-techies...
In my experience with whom i have introduced Ubuntu to, they didnt not
spend much time reading the documentation, by just saying i dont want to
read so much...
Hence i felt maybe an attractive UI could make them read more...

Maybe in my enthusiasm to give constructive criticism, my intent hadnt
translated well...

If what i was commenting in anyway offended anyone ,I'm really sorry...
:( It was not my intent.

Pls accept my sincere apology, since i know that this is a community
effort which no one does for personal gains...

Cheers,
mac_v