more, Ubiquity Slideshow for Ubuntu

Dougie Richardson dougierichardson at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 16 20:11:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

2009/6/16 mac_v <drkvi-a at yahoo.com>:

> Dougie Richardson wrote:
> I don't see the purpose of telling people to install
>> ubuntu-restricted-extras or Flash, since Firefox and the media players
>> are meant to do that themselves. Still, the last slide should point
>> people to community help information. (Which currently the first slide
>> does. That needs fixing).

You snipped two remarks into one - I didn't say that.

>> We're making a lot of assumptions about our user base - that they're
>> all proficient in Windows is the biggest, if they don't know what the
>> start button is then there is no point in describing our system in
>> comparison!
>>

> There is no need to minuscule any user...!  Just because we are computer
> literate , doesnt mean their line of work requires basic computing
> skills...

That's my point - the usage case that was suggested was "where's the
start button", my point is that the user mightn't know what a start
button is.  Those who do will understand its purpose, so referring to
its purpose rather than its name is clearer to both groups.

> Is adding such a single slide going to be a difficult task?

Again, I'm not adding the slides, I'm proffering documentation team advice.
--
Regards,

Dougie Richardson
http://www.lynxworks.eu/