Adi Roiban adi at
Tue Jan 6 11:11:20 UTC 2009

În data de Ma, 06-01-2009 la 08:42 +0000, Matthew East a scris:
> Hi Adi,
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Adi Roiban <adi at> wrote:
> > The Romanian LoCo team is working at a new help/support webpage and we
> > would like to export the translations of ubuntu-docs from rosetta and
> > make them available as webpages.
> If you are just exporting one language, the number of errors will be
> drastically reduced, or if you are lucky, there might not be any
> errors at all. If you find any, you can always fix the po file with
> the correct string and upload it to Rosetta again. That way, future
> exports would not have the errors.
Right now I can commit po files only for the Romanian team.
Do you have permission for uploading files for all languages?

If you want I could check the translations files for all languages and
then send the fix to you.
Also I could post them on the net and ask each language translators to
upload them.

If you think it is useful I could check all languages once in a while
(every 2 week or so) and report the errors.

> > Right now I can go on each template and request and export to be sent
> > via email, but I would like to create a cron job that will update the
> > translation every week.
> I don't know whether it's possible to export po files from Rosetta
> using a cron job. It is possible to get translations for all templates
> in a particular package in one go, because that's what I do when
> updating ubuntu-docs, but you'll need to speak to the Rosetta
> developers to find out if you can script the export. If you can, then
> it is likely that you can achieve what you are trying to do.

I think that the easy Rosetta export will be available sometimes later
with the availabili of Rosetta APIs.

Right now I can use curl or wget to request files exports and then a
script to monitor my mailbox.

I will talk with Rosetta guys, maybe we can have something sooner.

> > Also I looked at wiki page but it seems like
> > the new theme is not there.
> It's not worth adding it - is not run by a wiki
> (unlike or any other dynamic software. It
> contains static html files which are built from the xml documents
> using scripts which you can find in the Makefile in the ubuntu-docs
> package. The theme comes from the xsl and css files which you find in
> the libs directory.
I was able to use the static theme for

I was refering to the wiki theme.
Is this updated on the page?

I want to recreate the whole website (both static pages
and wiki) for the Romanian team.

> In our jaunty branch, a change has been made to the Makefile which was
> contributed by a translator and which makes it possible to build
> translated documents by switching one of the variables in the Makefile
> and then running "make all".
> Have a look at the Makefile in our jaunty branch here -
> The other reference which is likely to be useful to you is
> Feel free to ask here if you have any more questions.
Thanks for the links and your support!

Adi Roiban