usb-creator Draft

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 15 13:17:04 UTC 2009

Hi Phil,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Phil Bull<philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should probably get in touch with ubuntu-devel and promote our
> services. It's strange that developers seem to be reluctant to approach
> us to ask for docs.

I don't think it's anything intentional, it's just perhaps a lack of
communication. So agreed on contacting ubuntu-devel and I think we
should maybe promote the team somewhere in the developer
documentation. For example, perhaps the presence of documentation
should be a requirement within the UI Standards section here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements

> For the time being, through, maybe we should just take the initiative
> and submit some patches. I've attached a brief overview of the software
> in Ubuntu which we should probably be maintaining the documentation for.

That's very helpful, thanks. Can you get it into the wiki? This is the
obvious place, I think:

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/Tasks

I think some of the points can be addressed by pointing the
application towards an existing place in ubuntu-docs
(gnome-app-install could be pointed at ghelp:add-applications,
software-properties could be pointed at
ghelp:add-applications#adding-repos and we might be able to expand the
documentation in hardware#free-disk-space to work for
computer-janitor) but once we have the list in the wiki, we can
brainstorm about how to fix things.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org