usb-creator Draft

Phil Bull philbull at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 14:09:55 UTC 2009

Hi Matt,

On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 14:17 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> That's very helpful, thanks. Can you get it into the wiki? This is the
> obvious place, I think:
>
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/Tasks

Done!

> I think some of the points can be addressed by pointing the
> application towards an existing place in ubuntu-docs
> (gnome-app-install could be pointed at ghelp:add-applications,
> software-properties could be pointed at
> ghelp:add-applications#adding-repos and we might be able to expand the
> documentation in hardware#free-disk-space to work for
> computer-janitor) but once we have the list in the wiki, we can
> brainstorm about how to fix things.

While I'm sure that there will be a significant overlap with existing
documentation for some of the apps, I'd first like to plan which topics
*should* be covered for each app; then we can decide how to use the
existing material. It may be that the existing material fits the
requirements of the application perfectly. If it doesn't, however, we
shouldn't be tempted to use unsuitable material just because it's there.

How should we handle the discussion? A wiki page for each application,
maybe?

Thanks,

Phil

--