usb-creator Draft

Jonathan Jesse jjesse at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 16:09:48 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 12:01 PM, Jonathan Jesse<jjesse at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The less that is in Ubuntu-docs and references the other projects
> existing
> > (or we create exstiting) docs the better in my view
>
> I'd like to explore this further. What are the reasons for your
> opinion? Do you think that the reasons I've given are invalid, and if
> so, why do you think so?
>
> --
> Matthew East
> http://www.mdke.org
> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF

The question is why should ubuntu-docs cover every part of the
distribution?  Coming at this from a KDE and kubuntu-docs point of view we
have wonderful documentation already created for us in the projects, so when
I need help about web browsing the Kubuntu System Documentation should link
to the default web browsers help, Konqeuror.  Same for help on creating a
bootable USB drive should link to the help documentation for that each app.
Each app should have a help file and then we link to those.
As contributors to the project we should also be contributing to the
upstream for each part of the system documentation.  So Rich and I create
Kubuntu docs and also KDE docs.  Likewise I believe Ubuntu Doc people should
be contributing to their various upstream documentation and linking to that
as well.

I think the ubuntu-docs package can and will get too big and cumbersome to
always be updating if we add docs for every part of the ubuntu ecosystem