usb-creator Draft

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 8 10:01:27 UTC 2009

Hi Augustina,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM, Augustina Blair<missaugustina at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted a draft of the usb-creator docs to my wiki page. Feel free to
> make edits or suggest any additional content or revisions.

This looks very good and is certainly a massive improvement on
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick.

I've taken the opportunity to make a few relatively small edits to the
page in the light of your invitation - I've tried to avoid or explain
some of the technical terms (like ISO and BIOS) - feel free to revert
or discuss the changes if you don't like them:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AugustinaBlair/MakeUsbStartupDraft?action=diff&rev2=9&rev1=8

What's your plan for the document? I think it would be nice to replace
the existing wiki page with it, as a minimum, but also to get it into
the system docs so that the actual application can add a help button
which points to the document (similar to the approach used by the
Hardware Drivers application and other Gnome applications). Presumably
it would be a section in the Installation Guide?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org