Promoting new members

Stephanie Mardell stephmardell at mac.com
Wed Apr 22 05:19:57 UTC 2009

Hi,

I joined the ubuntu doc-team last year and although I have not made a huge contribution I always felt that the feedback I received was constructive and extremely useful. The problem with feedback via email, is that the receiver reads in to it what they think is being said and the sender has no way of checking if their message was received in the manner intended. That is a constraint that we just have to work with given the use of email.

One comment I would like to say is that I have not made a big contribution (so far) due to a significant illness but I am back on board and hope to start to contribute again for the next release. Maybe, for people like me who drop of the face of the planet, a quick email to see why we are not contributing would be helpful to determine if we need more support, etc.

Anyway in the time that I have not been contributing I have kept up with what is happening using this list and I see that people have been extremely busy. Everybody should give themselves a big pat on the back for all of the hard work.

Stephanie