Wiki Team Launchpad permissions (was Re: Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation)

Emma Jane emmajane at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 20 14:12:39 UTC 2009

On Monday 20 April 2009 9:04:14 am Matthew East wrote:
> I've created this page as a proposal for the group structure going
> forward, and to document more clearly what the requirements for
> involvement in the subteams are.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/Organisation

Great start!

> 2.  The role and use of the open team needs some discussion. I've used
> "contributors" as the name for the draft, as it is probably the least
> objectionable of the names put forward so far. But in reality, if
> there is no need to contribute in order to join the team, then it is
> more of a "fan club" type team. Naming the team "contributors" would
> falsely give the impression that all members of the team have
> contributed.

I have updated the Wiki page to include the tasks that are expected from the
Ubuntu Documentation Contributors.

The two "admin" teams require further clarification as they are currently using
"read and understood" which is not a measurable goal. In other words, it is
possible to test whether or not someone has understood what they have read.
Sample clarifications are below.

== Ubuntu Documentation Commit Team
Note on name change: I'm not sure about you, but committer doesn't appear to
be an English word in my dictionary? :)
Applicants must have:
  * Signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
  * Contributed at least one significant patch to the system documentation
which enhances the existing system documentation, applies the StyleGuide, and
demonstrates the candidate's ability to work with DocBook, Bazaar and
Launchpad.

== Wiki Administrators:
Note on name change: Editor is misleading. This is the administrative team,
anyone with an LP account can edit the Wiki.
Applicants must have:
  * Signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
  * Have consistently applied the Wiki Guide in their edits performed as a
Contributing member.
  * Demonstrated a need to have administrative rights to perform their duties
as a member of the documentation team.

The Wiki page also needs to include who is performing these evaluations and by
what manner a person is elevated to an "administrator" role. This needs to
include:
  * application review process (time frame from when the application is made,
to when a decision should be handed back)
  * people who are qualified to grant access, and under what conditions they
may grant/revoke access
  * how often someone may apply to be a member (e.g. you don't want someone
re-applying to be a member the day after they are rejected)
  * the appeal process for members who are rejected.

regards,
emma