Wiki Team Launchpad permissions (was Re: Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation)

Nathan Handler nhandler at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 9 11:48:05 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Phil Bull <philbull at gmail.com> wrote:
> In that case, do we really need a separate wiki team? I can see the
> advantage of having a separate wiki-admin team, but having a distinction
> between contributors to the wiki and the regular documentation doesn't
> really serve any purpose, especially since we all use the same mailing
> list.

I disagree. The wiki and the system documentation require different
skills and knowledge in order to correctly maintain them. For
instance, someone who edits the wiki could have no idea how to work
with the xml files used in the system documentation. I would feel very
uncomfortable granting them the ability to push to the main branch
without having their knowledge of the system documentation evaluated
first.

Nathan