Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 8 14:23:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Dougie Richardson
<dougierichardson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> There's a massive turn over in contributers, a whole load of people I
> haven't from in ages, documentors fell flat on its face despite the
> time we put in to it, suggestions to improve workflow, processes and
> get more contributers consistantly hit a dead end.

I don't think things are as bad as that. In fact, I think that we've
had quite a good release cycle, considering the fact that we're a
purely volunteer based team the docs are in very good shape (I can't
speak for other flavours but I'm personally pretty impressed by the
accuracy of the Ubuntu docs). There are a few good contributors coming
through and we're learning about how to improve our own internal
documentation and processes. We are getting quite a few bug reports
and fixing them relatively quickly, which is good.

That's not to say that we can't improve, every team can always
improve. Every team has squabbles every now and again too, but that
doesn't mean that it's ineffective. It's just life.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org