Proposal: Create product for each derivative's documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 8 08:49:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Cody A.W. Somerville
> <cody-somerville at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> This will continue to occur using a project group.
>
> I have two problems with using a project group for the ubuntu-doc project.

{snipped}

I'm raising this issue again because I don't think it is a good thing
that different parts of our project are using a separate project
(xubuntu-docs) and different parts are using a single project
(ubuntu-docs, kubuntu-docs, edubuntu-docs). I've already seen some
confusion start to grow with translation teams about where to find our
branches and translations as a result of this change, and I think we
need to plump for one way or the other.

As I've said in the past, I don't think the project group is the right
way to go, and I won't repeat myself about my reasons for that, but we
need to settle on a way of doing this that is consistent.

Can others in the team express an opinion on this issue?

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org