use of alerts on the help wiki
andrew-ubuntu-doc at pileofstuff.org
Wed Sep 24 16:50:57 UTC 2008
Matthew East wrote:
> This looks great to me. The "Note" macro doesn't appear to be working
> though, no text appears in the box for me, but merely the word "note"
> in lowercase.
How embarrassing - I looked at that very text in every browser under the
sun, and it didn't occur to me that it's not what I wrote.
<snip - transparency vs. IE6>
> This seems to be the simplest solution. Actually, we have some
> transparent icons: http://doc.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/common/images/admon/.
> I'm not too worried about IE6 :)
> We should probably use these transparent icons throughout the system docs too.
Is there any way to get hold of a report about browser statistics for
*.ubuntu.com? I'd rather sort the issue for IE6 (and below) if they're
remotely common on the site.
I've now uploaded three revisions to my branch, which you can pick your
* Revision 26 just fixes the note issue
* Revision 27 uses theme-specific URLs and includes IE-friendly images
* Revision 28 also includes IE-unfriendly caution and important icons
Two other issues have occurred to me lately:
* Should we be thinking about how to backport these changes into older
* Should I be putting a license on this stuff? TBH, the work involved
is little enough that I'm happy leaving it PD, but Ubuntu presumably has
rules about this sort of thing.
More information about the ubuntu-doc