The Ubuntu OOBE Idea

Jonathan Judah Ben-Joseph jbenjos at fau.edu
Wed Sep 24 01:49:39 UTC 2008

Hello folks,

I have an idea for for an Ubuntu out of box experience. I wrote a blueprint for it here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-doc/+spec/ubuntu-oobe

Here is the general idea I am going for (not to scale!)
|             |                         |
|  ________   |   Welcome!              |
|  |UBUNTU |  |   Ubuntu has been       |
|  |LOGO   |  |   installed on your PC. |
|             |   New to Ubuntu?        |
|             |   Click here to get     |
|             |   started.              |

Quadrant #1 and #2 will be different colors.

Any comments, suggestions?

-Jonathan