use of alerts on the help wiki

Andrew Sayers andrew-ubuntu-doc at pileofstuff.org
Mon Sep 22 18:27:47 UTC 2008

Matthew East wrote:
> I don't have access to irc from work but I will try and find you later
> this evening. I didn't get the bug with the first (simple?)
> implementation you did, so it may be that the easiest solution is just
> to adopt that with the improved html/css which you did for the later
> versions.

The first implementation didn't do wiki markup at all, which is what's
causing the bug.  So here's a question to ponder during the journey home
- how much effort are you willing to put in to try and get alerts to
parse markup?  If not much, I can give you a one-line fix.  If quite a
lot, it may be a long night.  My instinct would be to leave it out until
we've got some evidence about how useful markup is, but I've got plenty
of time to kill this evening if you think it's important.

	- Andrew