ubuntu-doc Digest, Vol 48, Issue 31

Amy Sennesh Vastola asv at nycap.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 19:35:20 UTC 2008

As a new Ubuntu user, I was pleasantly surprised by the clarity of the
basic "getting oriented" documentation. My desktop GUI had the orange
and white lifesaver icon on the top panel to connect to the Help center.
For my first task on the Doc team, I am going through the Add, Removing,
and Updating Applications section, reviewing them for accuracy and
usability. So was wondering about how to pass along my work, and looked
at the Documentation group page, and the info about contributing, using
the repository to check out a section, etc. That section felt a little
circular and confusing. What I took from it is that my first step ought
to be installing Bazaar. Is that correct? And since I couldn't access it
through the desktop or Synaptic, I am assuming that it's a command line
installation. Correct?

Amy Vastola